Root Chakra Grid (catching up series) - 03/05/2019

Reiki Grid - coping with low back pain

I began collecting hearts just a few weeks before assembling this mini grid.  This red jasper with hematite is the first of my hearts for the chakras.  Red jasper is a grounding root chakra stone, and the inclusion of hematite enhances its healing properties.  I read that hematite is known for healing pain because it encourages balance in nerve impulses and healthy blood flow.  It is also good for muscle cramps and spine pain.  Aside from all that, it is beautiful to look at and it feels nice in the hand.  It has a deep and soothing energy.

At the time my back was acting up with a nice case of muscle spasms low on the spine.  Once again I had to plod through the usual course of muscle relaxers and list of exercises to do twice daily and I wanted to get it over with, so I incorporated root chakra meditation and this grid to assist with Reiki.  

In addition to the red jasper with hematite heart are those faithful rhodochrosite chips, Himalayan quartz and a new addition, lithium points.  I discovered the lithium at Pelham Grayson and have acquired more to work with - a great mineral for mental clarity and inflammation reduction.  The grid is sitting on a folded paper printed with the symbol for the root chakra - muladhara - located at the base of the spine.  Inside I wrote a prayer for the healing energy to sooth the spasms and breath relief into the lumbar muscles.  Before going through the exercises I would meditate briefly over the grid and put on some soothing music to make the humdrum process more enjoyable. 

The mind/energy/physical connection worked well enough that I hardly touched the muscle relaxers.  This is a good reminder to get back in the habit of assembling mini prayer grids to speed up healing for the kinds of acute aches and pains we can get through at home.  




It's hard to capture the deep beauty of this stone -- here are a couple of closeups in different lights.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - 10 Messages Your Angels Want You to Know by Doreen Virtue

Commemorating My Sister's Soul Departure

CBD Oil - Hype or Hope?